As posted to our Facebook and website yesterday, and explained in our VBRC Chairman’s Facebook video here we have been in touch directly with the DG Health who has confirmed that all essential and non-essential services businesses can operate from 6am to 6pm, complying with all the requirements of Order no. 43 of 2022 of Public Health Act CAP 234.
We have been informed that Municipal Wardens of both Port Vila and Luganville City have been delegated responsibility from the Ministry of Health to ensure that businesses comply with the Order no. 43 of 2022, or else they will be closed and fined.
They will be checking that businesses have:
- Set up hand washing stations, automatic sanitizing machines, or provide hand sanitizers
- One Entry way and one Exit way
- Security officer or personnel at the entrance of business premises to ensure hand washing or sanitizing and control of distancing of people within the business or company premises, or getting in the shops
- Customers wearing masks
- Business staff wearing masks
- Customers standing in queue complying with physically distancing themselves at least 1.5 meters from other persons
- Business staff complying with physically distancing themselves at least 1.5 meters from other persons
- Business is operating within its allowed to hours, from 6am to 6pm.
We have translated the important information from the Order into Bislama here to share with your employees as required.
If you require further clarification, please call VCCI’s General Manager on 7753906 or email email@example.com
If you require assistance to prepare your business and train your staff on safe business operations please call Adrian on 7780870 to organize a free Safe Business Operations workshop.
We will keep you updated as the situation evolves,
The VCCI team