VCCI and the Vanuatu Business Resilience Council would like to provide you with an update on our activities to support the private sector in relation to awareness and preparedness in relation to the COVID19 virus and its effects on businesses here in Vanuatu.
We have started to engage with the Vanuatu National Taskforce to liaise with Government and donor partners. We are taking the issues raised to us by you in the private sector to these meetings so that protecting the economy is made a priority topic.
We will updating you regularly via our e-newsletter, website (vcci.vu) and Facebook.
Materials for download
To help you prepare your business we have created a suite of materials for you that are available for download from the VCCI website:
- How the Coronavirus spreads and how to keep yourself safe – visual guide
This visual guide explains how the virus spreads and 5 key precautions you can take to protect yourself, your staff and your families.
- Business Continuity Planning – How to guide
The purpose of this ‘how to’ business continuity (or preparedness) planning guide is to take businesses through a planning process by which the end product is a tailored Business Continuity or Preparation Plan, to be created with staff input and implemented in times of business disruption.
- Business Continuity Plan template
This easy to use template accompanies the guide above.
- Human Resources Planning and Procedures guide
This guide provides more detailed guidance for businesses to minimize health risk to employees and put plans in place to manage situations like visitors and staff coming from or returning from overseas, leave of absence procedures, and staff who may be quarantined or infected by the virus.
- Important tips for Employers
Additional factors to consider as employers.
- Important tips for Employees
Helpful tips to give to your employees.
We will be adding an easy to follow guide to hand washing for businesses to print for their workplace and this will be available shortly, along with an A4 double-sided basic guide to good hygiene handout for staff and their families.
Any suggestions for training or information materials you may need for you and your business please contact us and let us know. We are here to help. Contact us by calling VCCI on 27543, or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vanuatu National Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19) Taskforce Advisory
We have been informed that the Vanuatu National Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19) Taskforce Advisory 7 will be shared tomorrow, as per direction of the Vanuatu President who will also be making a Public address to the Nation.
Australia and New Zealand Travel Advisories
You may have read about the Australia and New Zealand travel restrictions. Just to clarify:
- The Australian government has directed that all people entering Australia must self-quarantine for 2 weeks upon arrival. There are currently no restrictions for passengers flying from Australia to Vanuatu.
- The New Zealand government has directed that all people entering New Zealand must also self-quarantine for 2 weeks upon arrival. This does not apply to those entering from the Pacific islands. There are currently no restrictions for passengers flying from New Zealand to Vanuatu.
- New Zealand have advance screening of passengers to protect the Pacific islands.
VCCI and the VBRC want to assist the business community through direct support in your preparations for a disruption to business as usual. We are asking you as our members whether you are interested in more training workshops. Contact us to register your interest by calling VCCI on 27543, or by email: email@example.com
World Health Organisation – https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
Connecting Business Initiative – https://www.connectingbusiness.org/novel-coronavirus-2019