Announcement on business closures to commemorate 40th Anniversary Celebrations
We refer to the recent announcement by the Honorable Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Internal Affairs that all business houses to be closed to commemorate the 40th Anniversary Celebrations from 23rd to 31st July 2020. We would like to assure our business members that we are working hard behind the scenes on this matter, seeking clarification on the legality of the notice, as well as the conflicting instructions of the directive and will keep you updated accordingly.
We recognize that this is distressing to those of you affected and want to reiterate our strong stance behind you at this time. As a preparatory measure we do encourage you to write a letter to the Commissioner of Labour with your request to operate and your staff agreed to work on the dates you would like to operate.
The VCCI team
The Vanuatu Business Resilience Council (VBRC) is seeking new members
The Vanuatu Business Resilience Council, hosted by the Vanuatu Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI), provides a coordination mechanism for local private sector actors to engage with government and key stakeholders on resilience building, response and recovery initiatives. The VBRC provides a platform for businesses to both manage impacts to themselves, and support government, civil society and development partners to build resilience and respond to disasters and emergency events by:
- Supporting businesses, particularly small and medium enterprises, to strengthen their resilience by providing training, tools and guidelines;
- Integrating the private sector into national climate change, disaster management and resilience plans and processes;
- Collectively lobbying for resources for business training and capacity building;
- Providing a single entry point and voice for the private sector on issues relating to climate change, disasters and resilience;
- Identifying and engaging local private sector capacities and resources to respond to emergencies, pre-position agreements in preparation for emergencies and match capacities to humanitarian needs before, during and after emergencies;
- Assist local private sector to identify and access climate change finance and technical assistance to build sustainable and resilient businesses.
The VBRC was established in late 2017 as a standing committee of the VCCI to promote and strengthen mobilisation of the local private sector to support the country to meet its climate change and disaster risk reduction objectives. The VBRC was launched in coordination with the Ministry of Climate Change (MoCC) and through the support of the UNDP Connecting Business Initiative (CBi) and Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT). The VBRC was officially registered as a charitable association with the Vanuatu Financial Services Commission.
These voluntary appointments to the Executive are for a period of two years.
For more information or to be sent an Expression of Interest form please email: email@example.com
Come to the Marketing-Ting Event, Tuesday 21st July 2020 at the Banyan Beach Bar
Billboard Vanuatu with VBTC are gathering local marketing professionals for an amazing trade show.
Do you need to build or renew your communication strategies? Do you need some professional advice for your communication plan? Marketing-Ting is the place to find out more.
Dozens of professionals in the field of marketing and communication will answer your questions in a large laid-back showroom.
All you ever wanted to know about graphic & web design, E-commerce, event planning, photography, video and social media. Free entry so please come and join.
TRBR compulsory SIM Registration Consultation Notice – Extension of the Deadline for submission
The TRBR has extended the deadline for feedback from stakeholders until 22nd July before 4.00pm. If you would like a copy of the Notice please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your feedback via TRBR website https://www.trbr.vu/en/contact-us