As you will have been made aware there has been significant changes to the Public Health Act. We have summarised below Order No.53 and No.54 for you, including information on where to send your SOP/WHS plan. We also encourage you to participate in Sista’s survey on sexual harassment in the workplace, article and links to this can be found below.
CHANGES TO PUBLIC HEALTH ACT [CAP 234]
DECLARATION OF PUBLIC HEALTH EMERGENCY (AMENDMENT)
ORDER NO. 53 OF 2022 –
- Repatriations can start from 22 April 2022 under specific MOH protocols and procedures for passengers from Australia, NZ and New Caledonia 3 days quarantine and RAT test on day 3, for passengers from other countries 7 days quarantine and RAT test on day 6
- Alert level 3 and curfew for Sanma, Torba and Pentecost
- Recovery level 2 for Efate and offshore islands: schools can reopen, church gatherings, social gatherings, and public gatherings can occur, employers from any services essential and non-essential services / sectors can operate under conditions outlined in Order no. 53 of 2022.
- Conditions relating to employers in Efate and offshore islands:
All employers must ensure that their Standard Operating Procedures are in compliance with the Ministry of Health requirements, and ensure physical distancing of its staff at the work premises, and ensure that its staff including persons entering the work premises wear a mask at all time, and provide hand washing stations or provide hand sanitizers for all its staff including the persons entering the work premises.
- Businesses in Efate can submit by email their SOP or WHS plan for consideration and approval to email@example.com
- Businesses in Santo can submit by email their SOP or WHS plan for consideration and approval to Vanua Siken – firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you do not have an email address, you can write a letter addressed to DG Russel Tamata, MOH, and submit your SOP or WHS plan by hand delivery or mailing for consideration and approval.
- If Municipal Police or National Policer Officers visit your business premises, you can show a printed copy of your email sent to MOH as proof that you submitted your SOP or WHS plan.
- If Municipal Police or National Policer Officers visit your business premises, you can show a copy of your letter sent to MOH as proof that you submitted your SOP or WHS plan, showing name, signature, date and time of receptionist at MOH, or stamp, name, signature, date and time of Officer from Post Office.
DECLARATION OF PUBLIC HEALTH EMERGENCY (SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS, OFFENCES AND PENALTIES) (AMENDMENT) ORDER NO. 54 OF 2022
- Common transport can take now 7 passengers.
Please note that the updated Health Roadmap document (Version 1.3, dated 21 April 2022) is now available on the COVID-19 website: https://covid19.gov.vu/index.php/updates/recovery-roadmap
SURVEY ON SEXUAL HARASSMENT IN THE WORKPLACE IN VANUATU
VCCI is supporting Sista with gathering important information on sexual harassment in the workplace in Vanuatu.
To participate in this important survey please click on a link below:
Bislama Questionnaire: https://forms.gle/ZzeVzbo5xkymbHfq6
English Questionnaire: https://forms.gle/3yjitVG76f2WpDTF7
We thank you for taking the time to participate in this important survey.
We will be bringing you more information as it comes to hand,
The VCCI team