VCCI has sought legal advice to create the attached set of Employment Guidelines related to COVID-19.
The guidelines are based on the current laws, regulations and orders in place in Vanuatu, and cover the following topics:
- Can I require my employees to be vaccinated?
- Can I terminate my employees if they refuse to be vaccinated?
- Can I stop people from entering my business if they are not vaccinated?
- If we have community transmissions, what are my responsibilities towards ‘at-risk’ employees e.g. elderly, pregnant or underlying illnesses?
- What are my responsibilities towards my employees during a lockdown?
- What happens if one of my employees cannot work because they have COVID-19?
- What happens if one of my employees cannot work because they are isolating?