Do you know of a micro or small business that deserves to be recognized as the best of its kind?
VCCI is supporting the Reserve Bank in Vanuatu to recognize the outstanding achievements and contributions of some of Vanuatu’s very own local Micro and Small Entrepreneurs and Financial Services Providers from across the country.
On Friday, 25th October the Reserve Bank of Vanuatu is hosting the 2019 MSME Awards, the first event of its kind.
In his official remarks the Governor of Reserve Bank of Vanuatu has stated that “the idea of the MSME Awards was initiated as part of the Bank’s commitment under the National Financial Inclusion Strategy to promote and recognize the success and perseverance of MSMEs in the country”.
Nominations are open to locally registered business enterprises with an annual turnover of up to VT 50 million, with not more than 20 employees, and had successfully been operating over the last three years.
The RBV 2019 MSME Awards will be given to outstanding performances in the following business categories:
- Outstanding Micro/Small Entrepreneur in Manufacturing sector;
- Outstanding Micro/ Small Entrepreneur in Service sector;
- Outstanding Micro/Small Entrepreneur in Agriculture sector;
- Outstanding Micro/Small Youth Entrepreneur (Youth in Business);
- Outstanding Micro/Small Women Entrepreneur (Women in Business);
- Outstanding Micro/Small Innovative Entrepreneur (Product Innovation); and
- Outstanding Financial Service Provider (MSME sector)
How to enter
Just download the nomination form, fill it in and return it to RBV by email, or drop it in to the reception desk at the Reserve Bank. Instructions provided at the top of each nomination form.
Financial institutions which provide financing to this market segment are also encouraged to make nominations for the awards for outstanding financial service provider to the MSME sector.
Please note that this year 2019, awards will be given to Micro and Small enterprises only. Their definitions are as below:
- Micro Enterprise: A business that has an annual turnover of less than VT 4 million with 1 to 5 employees
- Small Enterprise: A business with an annual turnover of less than VT 50 million with 6 to 20 employees
- Click here to download the Business Nomination Form.
Please note that nominations will close will close on 20 September 2019 so get your forms in as soon as you can.
We encourage the business community to engage in this positive initiative, and look forward to celebrating the winners come Friday, 25th October!